Starting Out


What is this blog about?

This blog is about chess! 


Who is this for?

Anyone and everyone of all ages interested in chess is welcome, though it is mainly for those starting out in chess, to players under 2000 FIDE rating strength. 


How can this blog help you?

For those starting out, it can give you a strong foundation on the basics of chess and beyond. For others, I hope it takes your chess to the next level.


For beginners: How can you use this blog?

A few pointers to help you get started:

-There are no requirements for learning chess, but I strongly suggest using a real life chess set to help visualizing how the pieces move. Even  if you don't have one, don't worry. It is not that important.

-Take it easy- You don't need to learn it all in a day. Take it at your own pace, and keep revisiting old lessons if you feel you don't understand something properly.

- Most importantly, have fun!


Who am I?

I am a chess player with over 8 years of experience, with a FIDE peak of 2036 and lichess bullet and blitz over 2300. I love chess and follow all ongoing chess events even though I no longer play it competitively due to the pandemic.

My lichess ID: chess10kp

 



            credit:https://www.worldchessfed.com 


 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Castling and Checkmate